An Effective New Depression Treatment in Chattanooga
While East Tennessee is considered one of the most beautiful areas in the country, it is also considered one of the worst areas for seasonal allergens. This infusion can boost immunity, decrease inflammation, prevent sinus infections, and increase your quality of life so you can enjoy being outside!
Your Trusted Ketamine Infusion Provider
At Revitalist, we offer ketamine infusions for depression treatment generally after a patients’ depression has not improved with other forms of treatment. A few have made an effort to try many methods from talk therapy to different medications, to TMS or ECT.
Even for individuals who have been listed as treatment-resistant for mood disorders, IV ketamine infusion therapy offers relief. Whereas the majority of our patients fit this profile, we also take care of patients with ketamine therapy as a possible early line of protection due to the fact that it functions swiftly, efficiently, and safely without lasting uncomfortable side effects.
What Is Major Depressive Disorder?
Major Depressive Disorder is a debilitating disorder characterized by low self-esteem, low energy, and low interest in doing anything enjoyable. The daily impact on one’s life is often catastrophic, leading to poor work performance, difficult interpersonal relationships, and can ultimately progress to pervasive suicidal thoughts.
Approximately 16 million of the US teen/adult population suffers from depression (including postpartum depression), and unfortunately, ONE-THIRD of those do not respond to any typical antidepressant therapy. Depression is a leading cause of disability.
What Are The Different Types of Depression?
Depression itself varies greatly from case to case. Some people may suffer from persistent depression, while others may only get it temporarily or episodically. There is a litany of different versions of depression, each with their own symptoms and triggers.
Some of the typical diagnoses of depressive disorders may include:
- Major Depressive Disorder (MDD): Also known as Clinical Depression or Unipolar Depression. The most common form of depression. It can be just a single episode, but some people may experience it periodically throughout their lives.
- Postpartum Depression: A type of depression usually brought on by the hormonal shifts women experience the months or year following childbirth.
- Seasonal Affective Disorder: (SAD) Depression caused by a change in the circadian rhythm of the body, usually bringing on depression during a specific season of the year.
- Situational Depression: While the symptoms are much like Major Depressive Disorder, this is depression brought on by a specific event, such as the death of a loved one or a life-threatening event.
- Persistent Depression: Also known as dysthymia or chronic depression, this is depression that lasts for two years or more.
- Manic Depression/Bipolar Disorder: Characterized by periods of mania alternating with periods of intense depression.
How Does Ketamine for Depression Treatment Work?
Ketamine causes neurogenesis, which is different than traditional anti-depressants that work on the chemical levels in a patient’s brain. As many as 75-80% of people with depression have a significant improvement in their mood in as little as 1-2 treatments.
Discover How Ketamine Therapy Can Help Your Depression
Our wellness center empowers individuals toward an improved quality of life and wellbeing through comprehensive and compassionate care. The vision for our practice has become a gold standard that brings you the caring and supportive transformation you deserve. The future of healing and hope is now.
Interested in learning more about our ketamine infusions? If you are considered treatment-resistant with chronic mood or pain conditions (by failing two or more therapeutic measures, i.e., therapy and/or medicative) you would be applicable for a “New Client Consultation” lasting approximately 60 minutes with a provider. We are able to accept insurance for this appointment.